About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Dare to Be.


 How do I begin to explain all the things swimming around in my mind right now? It's impossible. But because I'm Lindsay, I'm going to try anyway.

Today, I am daring to be a missionary who happens to be getting a degree in Education.
I am daring to change lives, because there are people waiting to be reached, to be rescued, to be changed.
I am daring to trust God even more... With everything.
I am daring to dust off those old dreams of mine.

Crossroads Church hosted Natalie Grant and Charlotte Gambill tonight at their women's conference. The theme was Dare to Be... And my world was rocked. Amazing, heart-grabbing worship. Inspiring and challenging messages, BOTH from the Old Testament, which is my absolute favorite.

Charlotte and Natalie are the most adorable pair of best friends I have ever seen! The conference we were a part of tonight was the result of an "impossible" dream birthed in these two wonderful ladies to challenge women to be the women that God is calling them to be. Man... was I challenged.

We talked about exceeding the limitations we put on ourselves. In order to follow my limitless God, I have to remove my own limits. I see so much need around me, but God is not calling me to reach the "27 Million." He's calling me to reach those he sends to me. And that... That I can do.

Charlotte spoke about the women in 2 Kings 4 who had nothing left, except a little oil. And that "except a little..." was more than enough. We all have "except a little..." What will we let God do with it? Being the women that God calls us to be requires us to break out of our comfort zone. It requires us to follow God's voice, even when other people try to drown Him out. It requires changing up the routine, stepping on a few toes, and ruffling a few feathers. But who cares what people think? God needs faithful ones to follow Him to what he's daring us to be.

So you want to change the world? Go ahead. What are you waiting for? 
I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment