See those girls up there? I may have gone to their country to teach them about Jesus, but in return I was taught so much more. This is a group of high schoolers... One girl asked me to pray with her, and from there these girls became my friends. We could hardly understand each other, but ya know, that didn't really matter. As I tried to string together sentences from my limited Spanish, they filled in the blanks for me and laughed with me when I messed up. Somehow we managed to communicate that we had a lot more in common than we could have ever imagined. These girls left a mark on my heart... Its my prayer that they'll all become powerful warriors and wonderful women of God. :]
*Sigh*. I can't express how amazing my time in El Salvador was. From getting to know my team, to learning and performing silly dances and dramas, to hanging out with Salvadorian students, to reaching kids... Even zip lining and having to get six stitches in my right arm... I am grateful for every second I was blessed with in the beautiful country of El Salvador. God is doing some amazing things there, and I feel so thankful for being allowed to be a part of it.
That being said, I must say, it hasn't been altogether terrible being back home. I miss my friends from El Salvador, and my heart still breaks for the needs that still need to be met... But upon returning home, I realized just how much I have to be thankful for right where I am. Spending time with my family, hanging out with a group of world changers at Pine Lake, seeing Joel's family, going back to Jubilee... I know I say this all the time, but I really am blessed to have SO many places to call home. I miss El Salvador like crazy, but I am determined to serve in the same capacity right where God has placed me.
So, what does life after an experience like El Salvador look like? Well... the next few weeks are pretty full of life and joy. This weekend I am moving into a new house with some awesome friends, as well as getting to see one of my beautiful friends get married! Then I'm off to Pine Lake to work with Wilderness Camp, helping some kids grow closer to God. After that, I'm back in Lafayette for at least the month of June to take some classes and make some money. Oh yeah, and I'm turning 21 somewhere in the mix. Needless to say, I'm excited to see what God has in store for the rest of this summer. :]

No comments:
Post a Comment