Hola Amigos!
Just checking in to let you guys know we're safe and everything is going well! Sorry I haven't gotten to update more often, but by the time we get back we're usually ready to pass out! I'm exhausted but in a good way, it's been equally wonderful, if not more so, as last year! We went back to my favorite part of San Salvador today, Soyapango. (Google that, I dare you. haha). We've performed dramas and dances for seriously hundreds of kids already, and we've still got a few more days of programs to go! It's been so, so much fun... Exhausting but rewarding. When we leave the place we're performing, the kids follow us to the bus, then run next to the bus until they can't keep up anymore. We've seen SO much cool stuff, like this one girl who came and watched even though she had a fever... We prayed for her, and by the end she was running around and playing with the other kids, fever free!!
It's been so, so great. Our nationals are wonderful people who have amazing hearts for what they've been called to do. I love them like brothers and sisters already. It's fun trying to communicate with them, because they know slightly more English than I do Spanish (which isn't much!) But we've still gotten to know them so well. We also have two American students working with us, and they're such a blessing. AHHH, it's been so great!
Thank you, El Salvador, for being so wonderful. And thank you God for being so Great.
More to come later, I promise... Pictures too. But for now, sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment