
Day 1: A picture of yourself with 10 facts.
1. I have not one, but three homes. Houma/Des Allemands, where I lived for 10 years, went to high school, and where my parents live. Then there's Lafayette, more specifically the Diva Den, where I go to school and live with 3 (sometimes more) awesome room mates. And then there's Meridian, Mississippi. Here you can find Pine Lake Fellowship Camp, Jubilee Mennonite Church, and the Diener house. I'm blessed enough to have three cities to call home. :]
2. I'm definitely a night owl. But lately I've had to learn discipline in establishing a "bedtime", because if don't I'll end up hanging out all night and sleeping through classes. But when I get the chance, I love late night chats, coffee, and a good book.
3. My guitar is an Ibanez Tallman named Charley. I've been trying to learn how to play the guitar for like, four years now. I'm at the point now where I know chords and can sort of strum. I know all of four songs, and can stumble through a few more. But I'm still not very good. I love it, though, and I'm going to continue playing with people and getting better.
4. I was born in Savannah, Georgia. Pretty awesome place, beautiful city. I visit family there a few times a year, and I love it. (But in all honesty, I'd never move back.)
5. If there's one thing you absolutely NEED to know about me, it's that I value people over anything else. My friends and family take priority over material wealth, position, status, everything. People are the only thing I can take with me when I leave this place.
6. I love, love, love my creator God. He sent his son Jesus to die for me, so now we get to be best friends. My relationship with Him translates into a lifestyle that glorifies Him. I'm not perfect, and I haven't mastered this whole Christianity thing, but I am dedicated to giving Him all I've got, and my life is driven by His love.
7. I am the youngest child in my family, and the only girl. I love my brothers, Aaron and Wes, and my parents have taught me so much about love and life. I'm grateful to be apart of a family that truly cares about each other. Listen to how awesome my parents are... In the past few years, we've had three people that we're not related to living with us. They'll take in anyone who is in need, and show them what love really is.
8. I'm a Secondary English Education major, with a minor in Journalism and English as a Second Language. I also want to get certified to teach Spanish. See, I want to teach because I want to change lives. I sometimes can't sleep at night because I start thinking about my future classroom, the students I'll be able to reach.
9. If I had my way, I would live and work at Pine Lake Fellowship Camp. It's where I met Jesus, and where I met Joel. I never feel more at peace than I do when I'm at Pine Lake. Ask anyone, when it comes to camp I'm a fanatic.
10. My life is busy, all the time, but it's a full, rich life of deep love and deep relationships, and that's all I could ever ask for.

No comments:
Post a Comment