Claire, PLEASE don't kill me for posting this picture! But I thought it was about time for the world to know just how great my best friend is! This picture was taken when we were in about 6th grade... And this girl has stuck with me through EVERYTHING since. We used to write notes a million times a day when we were in middle school (which I still have, btw!) We even had code names for each other, and the guys that we had crushes on. Cause we're that cool. :]
Man, have Claire and I have been through some crazy stuff over the years! She's one of the few who knew me back when I had a crazy accent and nightmarish bangs. She and her massive French horn case kept me company on too many school bus rides to count before either of us could drive. I remember our first "fight," which lasted all of five minutes. Her dad and I even have our own inside jokes! Now we get to be roomies in the Diva Den, and our life adventures make my life worth living.
In all seriousness, I could not have asked for a better best friend. No one knows me better than Claire. No one has ever so thoroughly and completely understood my mind and my heart, and loved me anyway. Sometimes I take this girl for granted, but guys, you should know.... My best friend is the most beautiful, loyal, and compassionate person I know. I can't wait to look back on our lives as old ladies and laugh at all that we've overcome. :]

I stinkin love you, Corn! I forget sometimes just how much I really do know you like the back of my hand and how much time we've spent together. I can't imagine not having you around. The picture is completely excusable. :]
ReplyDelete