About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Short Summary of a Long Summer

Oh wow. So much has happened since I last wrote here! I don't have the time nor the words to explain how incredible this summer has been. So I'll do my best in a few quick sentences.

1. Camp was incredible. So many lives reached with God's message. I got to try my hand at being the Assistant Program Director. It was hard. Really hard. Especially battling major life issues (like finding a job, death in the family, etc.) on top of other responsibilities. But God had everything under control. He is so faithful. It was also incredible because this summer's staff was one of the most SOLID group of people I have ever worked with. I'm gonna stop now because I miss camp and my camp family so much!

2. Came home on Sunday. Slept a LOT. But still not enough. I need to catch up on 7 weeks worth of not sleeping. Yeah, I'm still working on that.

3. Moved back to Lafayette!!!! I LOVE my new apartment. It's kinda empty right now, and it feels even emptier since Claire won't move in until August... But it's big and I have my own room (and bathroom!!!) and I love it a lot. A quick and funny story... I was sending pictures of my room to my mom, and I was trying to caption it as "my HUGE room"... and I accidentally put "my hug room." My mom, in all her awesomeness, sent back, "Be careful who you're huggin' in there." Hahahaha. Also, my neighbors rock. The guys RIGHT next door are Masters Commission graduates, which means they are also more than likely super legit Christians! The girl who lives across from me works at Sonic and gives me free Strawberry Limeades. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)

4. Mama Cat is back in my life! She was living with my friend Caleb while I was at camp, but I reclaimed her. She still loves me! And I am very glad Andrew didn't decided to eat her. Silly Asians.

5. I have a job! And it's a really long and complicated story.
                 .....more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment