Once I got home, the festivities continued. I was so antsy to get started on the plans I had for Joel tonight. Instead of going out, I decided to cook for him- steak, salad, and potatoes! (Complete with Sparkling Cider and Oreo Delight!) We ate in the privacy of Chi Alpha's new addition, since I live with five other girls. Privacy is a great luxury to us, which I usually consider to be a blessing in disguise because it also means we avoid isolating ourselves. It was my first time cooking steak, and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. But it turned out great, and I think Joel was impressed! We definitely enjoyed our meal!
After eating and spending some time together, we exchanged gifts (which to me is the least important part of Valentine's day). Though I have to admit, I love flowers and chocolate as much as the next girl. :)
After gifts, we spent some time talking over dessert. I made this awesome Oreo Delight recipe that I stole from Joel's mom, Mrs. Fern. While we were talking, he said. "You know, I would ask you to be my Valentine, but that would end when the day is over. Instead, I'm going to ask you this... Will you be my best friend for the rest of my life?" I'm pretty sure those are the sweetest words I have ever heard in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment