About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Friday, October 7, 2011

My Next 30 Years

        A few days ago, Joel and I were enjoying some much needed time together. What I've always loved most about our relationship is that we don't need to be doing anything when we're together; most of the time we prefer to just sit and talk and share our hearts. So, in this particular heart-sharing session, we got onto the topic of people we admire. He mentioned his pastors from his home church in Meridian, and I flooded with excitement over how much I love this couple. I particularly love Mrs. Elaine Maust, who was the very first woman pastor I'd ever seen in action. Joel laughed as I went on about how wonderful this woman is, and what he said next made my heart skip a few beats. "When I look at Mrs. Elaine, I see you in 30 years." He continued to say how much he saw in common between us... Believe me when I say I could not have received a higher compliment. To be compared to such an incredible, selfless, loving, Godly woman was truly humbling.

     Just for clarification, I'm not writing about this conversation to show how awesome I think I am, or how awesome Joel thinks I am. (But in truth, he does think a lot more of me than I deserve, and I'm thankful for it!) I'm writing about this because it's conversations like these that make me remember what I'm striving for. I could list several women of God that I've been privileged to learn from, between my family, Chi Alpha, and Jubilee... And in each and every one of them I see God-loving women living the way that I aspire to live, whole-heartedly committed to the calling He has given them. I want what Joel says to be true. When I look back on my life in 30 years, I want to see a life that was as full of God and love and fruit as the lives of the women I admire so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment