About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boasting in the Lord

Can I just say that today has been wonderful? I just got the paperwork rolling to change my academic catalog and to drop two of my Communications classes. I'll continue the rest of the semester with 14 hours instead of 20, and, best of all, I will STILL graduate in May! I am so, so excited about this... Not only because it means that I can breathe a lot easier this semester, but because this is a direct answer to my prayers of the last couple of weeks. See, it's been a pretty stressful semester, with days so long that my room mates have started to complain that they never see me. It's also been stressful because I am taking a graduate-level English course, Sociolinguistics, which isn't required for my major. I'm taking it because I want to teach English as a Second Language, and by taking it now I will have a dual certification by the time I graduate. Cool, huh? But the thing is, the class is a LOT of work, hence the term "graduate level." I was worried that with 6 other classes to worry about, I would have to drop it and take it later on, after I graduate, but I REALLY did not want to do that. So I spent a lot of time praying and listening to God about what I should do... A few days later I come into work and find out that I have the option of changing catalogs, which would require less courses in my minor! So I get to keep the English course, drop to 14 hours, and still graduate on time. God is so good!

Now, I'm not writing all of this just to brag about how much lighter my load is... Nor to say that I'm special because I get "exceptions." I truly believe that God opened the doors for me here. His will is perfect, and his faithfulness is unending. By seeking Him in every situation, everything falls into place exactly as it's meant to. I know He was listening to all those prayers, and I know this is His will being played out. I will not boast in my circumstances, but I won't hesitate to boast in the Lord, because He has done GREAT things!

1 comment: