About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sweet Thursday.

Today is a very, very good day. Class didn't start for me until 11:00 today, and so I started the day in my very favorite way, which is waking up slowly, drinking coffee, reading the Word, and chatting with the best friend in all the world. So wonderful.

Then, my 11:00 class lets out way early, all because a kid stood up and starting packing up his stuff. A few students followed his cue and started zipping up their schoolbags as well. The instructor laughed, and though he didn't seem quite finished, he said, "Well, I guess class is over then!" So he let us all go half an hour early. I had a huge gap of time, but my next class is just down the hall, so I went ahead and went to it to play on the Mac to kill time. I walked in to find my CMCN teacher blaring a Mat Kearney pandora station. This made my day, because "Nothing Left to Lose" was playing. This song reminds me of so, so many things. There's this one line that says:

Come on and we'll sing, like we were free
Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us
Come on and we'll try, one last time
I'm off the floor one more time to find you
And here we go there's nothing left to choose
And here we go there's nothing left to lose

Those words remind me a lot of Claire and I, jumping in the car and putting music on, riding around with no destination in particular, singing as loud as we could. Just driving, singing, talking. These words signify the moments of pure freedom and pure joy. This morning, I am thankful for little moments like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment