Woah, look at that. Two posts in one day. I just have something on my heart that I need, need, need to share.
I recently picked up a book that I started reading during the semester with the ladies' leadership, but I never got to finish it because the semester got crazy. And since I'm one of those who can't just pick up where I left off, I restarted the entire book. But it's okay, because it's THAT good.
Anyway, as I was reading, I was reminded of a song that we used to sing when I was a camper at Pine Lake. It's called "One Thing" by Charlie Hall. (YouTube it, it's amazing.) For some reason, the words have always stuck with me. This song has become a sort of mantra for my life. I have it written everywhere: in my planner, above my bed. And today I want to share these words with you. My favorite part is the bridge. It goes like this:
And all of life
Comes down to just one thing
And it's to know you, oh Jesus,
And to make you known.
Beautiful. Whenever I get caught up in the mess that is life, I seem to become so focused on the circumstances around me that I forget WHY I do the things I do. Then these words find their way back to me, and I am reminded. All of life, every little detail, and every major crisis, comes down to ONE single thing. And that thing is to know Jesus, to have a real, deep, meaningful relationship with him, and then to take what you learn from Him to teach others. To make him known. I tend to make things so complicated. But, don't you see? It's so, so simple.

No comments:
Post a Comment