About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day Six :]


A photo of someone you'd like to trade places with for a day...

Disclaimer: You'll have to forgive me, this will be the second post in a row that references Pine Lake. Yes, camp has impacted me THAT much. So enjoy. (:

This is a photo of two people I admire more than they could ever possibly know. Jeff and Cheryl Landis, the Executive Directors of Pine Lake. As I reflect on someone I'd love to trade places with, these two beautiful people are the first that come to mind. The first reason is obvious... I mean, they LIVE at my favorite place in the whole world. But I'd love to trade places with them for a lot more reasons than that. Jeff and Cheryl have three awesome kids, who are SO much fun in all their quirkiness. I could definitely spend a day lovin' on those three. We'd have a blast. :]

But wait, there's more. I'd trade places with Jeff and Cheryl in a heartbeat, because I have seen their ability to impact people. See, they love God and they love others. Its not what they do, its who they are. They've changed so many lives through their ministry at camp, at Jubilee, and I'm sure in many ways that I don't even know about. Jeff and Cheryl have always made me feel welcome at Pine Lake, from the time I was an annoying little kid who never wanted to leave, to a 20-year-old lifeguarding, dish-washing program staffer (who STILL never wanted to leave! :P) Jeff and Cheryl, you've impacted my life more than you'll ever know. You guys are beyond amazing. Thank you for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment