About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Over Flowing.

Ahh, I am SO filled with so many emotions... Today has been a super productive day, and having some time to myself alone in the apartment gives me time to really get alone with God and pray, and seek... And the more I do this, the more I get excited about His plan and His will for me life. See, I have all these dreams that have been placed within me, and I can't wait to see how He is going to fulfill them! I know that it will probably be way different than I'm imagining, but that's okay. Know why? Because my God is much, much bigger and infinitely more creative than I am. Anything I can dream up, He can match, and then some. Its only a matter of trusting that He will guide every step.

So, today I started a new 10 week bible study on the life and ministry of the Apostle Paul. It's called "To Live is Christ" (taken from Phil. 1:21) by Beth Moore. I've only done Day 1, but already is so ridiculously amazing. I mean, Paul (or Saul, at this point) was just born at this point in my study, and already he's rocking my world! I learned a lot today about Jewish culture. One thing that stood out was the Jewish Mesusah which basically was a portion of Old Testament scripture that Jews would nail to their door posts. The scripture included Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and became the mantra of the Jewish faith. These words that the Jews would see every day on their doors were God's covenant with Abraham and his descendants, that they would be blessed as long as they followed this one commandment: To love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and might. Following these verses, God instructs His people to teach their children these same principles. This scripture was nailed to the doors of every Jew who took their faith seriously, not only because the Scripture literally says, "HEY, nail this to your door!" But basically, life for Jews, and for Christians today, revolves around one purpose: To know God, and to make Him known.

This realization made life seem incredibly simple. All of life comes down to this. See how this fits with all the dreams of our future? This sort of love is the kind that would literally orchestrate every aspect of our lives. There's not a single relationship, action, or decision that would be untouched by loving God with every ounce of our being. One purpose. One thing to get right. Sounds easy, right? Well, I know better. It's a struggle, every day, to fulfill even this one request from God. But oh, how it will be worth it when I get to stand before my God and give an account for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment