About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Why Are You So Good?

Dear God,
Why are you so good? (:

I have a merciful God, and I don't deserve it. I have a wonderful, faithful provider, and I don't deserve it. I have a God who sees me through tough things, and surrounds me with love, and I definitely do not deserve it.

Today was filled with so many good things! We had a great Lifegroup about Jesus's baptism and our call as Christians to follow his example. Then I got to help an incredible, intelligent friend of mine with an English paper, with a lot of good talk in the process. I also had a prayer answered with a good grade on a major assignment... And I have a strong, God-fearing man in my life whom I adore. (: Oh, God, you are SO good!

And to top everything off, my English-loving heart found this poem today that I have adopted as my mantra. Thank you, Emily Dickinson!

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.


Lindsay

1 comment: