About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Same Story, New Song.

Why do I have to keep learning the same lesson over... and over... and over again?

Tonight, I can joyfully say that my soul was restored. Though there were several other things that were demanding my attention, I really felt led to take time out of the craziness and attend Crossroad Church's live worship recording. Turns out, it was exactly what I need.

One of the songs that they played said something about "the clutter of ordinary things"... And "forsaking the world to be the heart you're searching for." As we sang our hearts out to God, I felt like Moses standing on the mountain... I thought for sure my face would literally be shining by the end of the service. I was just so refreshed... so wonderfully free from all the mess that has been bogging me down. I could finally see that I've been letting life block out God's voice, instead of daily laying everything down at his feet. The load kept getting heavier, and heavier... Until finally I could no longer carry it. But the beauty is, I don't have to, not on my own strength.

I know this, I know this, I know this. But why, why do I keep forgetting? Why does God have to teach me this time and time again? This time, I want desperately to hang on to the peace God has given me. I know that nothing can take me from His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment