About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Monday, March 1, 2010

First Donations!

Today started out as an exceptionally dreary Monday. The weather was cold and wet, I had a test that I wasn't nearly prepared for, and a paper due tomorrow looming over my head. After trucking my way throug the rain to class, and taking my test and feeling defeated, I walked into work, wishing the day would just end already. Little did I know that a blessing was awaiting me when I got there!

Within minutes of arriving to work, one of the ladies I work with walked out of her office into our main office. She placed an envelope on my desk and said with a big smile, "For your trip, Lindsay!" This not only made my day, but put me that much closer to going to El Salvador! Later as I was running some errands, I ran into another co-worker, who handed me a twenty dollar bill and said, "Hope this helps!" The other ladies in my office also confirmed that they were planning to donate. This DEFINITELY made the day a whole lot brighter! God is so good. (:

So, as of now, I've $45 down, $1,155 to go!

EDIT: Just recieved another $100 from a very generous lady at work! I'm now at $145! $1055 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment