That's how long it's been since my last blog post.
How in the world did I go a solid EIGHT MONTHS without doing something that I love? It's certainly not because I didn't have thoughts floating around in my head. It's not that in eight months I never thought to myself, "Hmm, this would make a good blog post."
What has kept me from blogging is that I simply did not have time. A lot has changed in eight months. For one, I got married. Wedding planning, then moving, then settling into married life has taken up a large part of my time (and mental energy) up until now.
Another fact: I'm no longer a first-year teacher. This changes EVERYTHING. As a first year teacher, my life was consumed with simply learning to survive in the world of education. It's quite unfortunate... I really wish I had documented and reflected on my first year of teaching in writing more. The year was filled with great challenges, but it was also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and I gained some wonderful memories. It certainly wasn't easy, and I'm nowhere near done learning, but it IS getting better!
Now that things have settled in more, I would really love to start writing more. So hopefully this will be the beginning of a new blogging era; hopefully it really be a great comeback! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment