About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Still a College Student!

   Tonight is one of the first nights in a long time that I've actually felt like a college student since I began student teaching in January. Since I'm not on campus, don't have anything to study for, don't stay up late, and drink significantly less coffee, I've already become sort of disconnected from the whole college experience. Of course, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, because I think it's providing a good transition to the "real world." Even still, being 100% college student again tonight felt good. :]

   This weekend UL Lafayette Chi Alpha is hosting Louisiana Chi Alpha's Leadership Summit. This mini-conference is pack with SO much leadership and so many people who genuinely love God. It's such a cool experience. Today was spent mostly in break-out sessions, free time fellowship, late night beach volleyball, and charades in the parking lot. It feels nice to break out of being an "adult" and just play for a while. I'm writing this now mostly to remind myself to make time for play, and even more importantly, for fellowship. Even when it's time to "grow up" and move on to the "real world" (I keep using quotation marks because these concepts are still new to me, haha) it's important to make time for these things!



    Also, while enjoying some of the sweetest fellowship, I was hugely blessed with some words of affirmation from one of my favorite freshmen, Kaitlyn. She told me today that she remembers the first day she meant me, way back before school even started at SOUL Camp. She told me she knew before she met me that I loved God, because I seemed different, and because I seemed to have a genuine joy when the other SOUL Staff seemed to be sort of faking it. These words, man... They cut straight to me heart. This is exactly what I strive to do, to show people God's love before they even really know me. To exude his light and joy, and to bring life to those around me. I know I am far, far from perfect, and I'll never stop striving to live a life that is so set apart that people notice something different. But words like this make me feel like I'm at least on the right track. :)

   Bottom line: I'm thankful for fellowship, and for these last few weeks of college life. Growing up I can do, growing old, I will not. My spirit is still young, and very much free. Praise God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment