About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lately.

So, last week I wrote a blog about dreaming. It seems like the door for dreaming has been thrown wide open, because every day seems to be filled with a new idea of something that I want to see or do or experience. I'll be the first to admit that some of these things are whimsical and may never happen... And I'm definitely not claiming to have prayerfully considered any of these things. They're dreams, nothing more, nothing less. But they're kind of fun, and I want to record this so I can look back on them later to see if these dreams ever got accomplished. So, here's what I've been dreaming about lately...



First on the list... I am dreaming of the END of the month of June! Oh, July, if you would please hurry! Why am I dreaming of June being OVER? Well, because that means all 9 hours of my summer classes will also be over! I can't begin to explain to you how FREE I am going to feel once this junk is done. June 30th, hurry up! I have a ton of books I've been saving for summer, and I'm longing for the day when I can read for enjoyment again! I also have a long list of things I want to do in July, like go to Faulkner's home town with Sarah Jaye, go camping, chill at the beach! I want to be freeee!



Another dream that's been occupying a lot of my brain space lately (or, really just the last two days...) is the dream of going to Zambia. My friend Chasah's parents are missionaries there, and she's been telling me a lot about the work they do, the orphanage and school they are connected with. My goodness, I want to go. For real. I haven't spent a lot of time praying about it just yet, but going to Africa has always been a dream of mine. Loving on kids has always been a passion. I'm surrendering this dream to God, and we'll see where he takes it!



And a third... Probably one of the biggest and longest lasting dreams I've dreamt about lately. Quiero aprender a hablar espaƱol sin necesidad de utilizar el traductor de Google! In English... I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK SPANISH WITHOUT USING GOOGLE TRANSLATOR! In all seriousness, I love the Spanish language, and I want to learn so bad it hurts. Another thing on my to-do list once classes are done is to go to town with Roesetta Stone and start learning!

I've also been researching some different language schools and immersion programs, and found so many things that look so cool! My top choice is a Christian-based immersion program in Costa Rica; I could actually spend morning learning Spanish and the rest of the day practicing while I do mission work! I want to speak this langauge for so many reasons... Other than the fact that it sounds SO beautiful... I want to increase the number of people I can communicate with by millions. I want to be able to talk to my wonderful friends from El Salvador. I want to help Spanish-speaking students who are learning English as a second langauge, and it'd be much easier to do this if I knew how to speak their language. I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment