About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day Nine!


A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most...

When I read today's description, I didn't even think twice... My parents are hands down the people who have gotten me through the most. I couldn't pick one or the other, because, see... I'm a daddy's girl to the fullest, but I am my mother reincarnated. I always, always brag about how supportive, flexible, and trusting my parents are. They have confidence in me, and my ability to make my own decisions. And boy, have they gotten me through some stuff. I was never a bad kid or a particularly troubled teenager. My greatest flaw has always been that I am just over ambitious. I want to do everything, even if it seems impossible. A lot of times I end up over booking myself, because there just aren't enough hours in the day. So, for example, when I told my parents I wanted to be in Savannah, GA for the family Christmas celebration and then be in Cincinnati, Ohio for the World Missions Summit the very next day... Their response wasn't "NO, that's impossible." It was "How are we going to do this?" They have given me the freedom to do whatever I feel God is telling me, and believe in me 100%. I'm so, so thankful for everything they've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment