About Me

My photo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
All of life comes down to this: To know God and to make him known.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It Begins...


Day One of Missionary blog, the countdown begins! We leave for San Salvador, the capital city of El Salvador, in 73 days! Right now our team, 16 students and 1 Mrs. Anabelle, is focused on fundraising. We’re writing letters of support, holding carwashes every chance we get, praying, and trusting that God will provide.

I’ve been in letter writing mode ALL day. I’ve perfected it with pictures of past mission experiences. Hopefully the receivers of the letters will be as excited about this trip as I am! (Impossible, I’m sure!) The letters have to go out by this Friday, and then we have two weeks of waiting for funds to come in! And as soon as we raise enough, its time to by plane tickets… Oh boy, its gonna be a crazy 73 days!

I pray that God will already begin preparing the hearts of our team, and the hearts of the people we’ll be ministering to. I’m praying for open doors and brave souls. El Salvador, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment